Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Clearly, I need more pictures

With so much eye candy at my disposal, I am ashamed to admit I can barely share any of it with you visually.  So far, these posts have been rather wordy and, alas, so, too, this one will be.  But I'd like you to get a taste of what kind of bike bling I was fondling today.
Let's see.  Oh, I know.  I guess I'll start with the fact that I was holding $1400 at one time in my hands in cycling gear yesterday.  A frame, you ask?  No.  A set of fancy-shmancy carbon wheels?  Wrong again.  The contents of our bike shop's upstairs cash register?  In our dreams  (we never have anything close to that in our Samsung ER-290)!  No, I was holding two Cannondale Hollowgram SL cranks in my hands, of course.  Two!  And, because they're so freakin' light, I forgot I was holding them.  What else?  Oh, yes, several sets of wheels, including Topolino's new ATR 3.0's.  They're very light for clinchers (1350g) and they look like a mash-up of Lightweights and DTswiss aluminum box rims.  I rode them tonight with a pair of Michelin ProRace3 Lights.  A good time was had by all.  I hope I get to "test" out this pair again soon.  Are you still having a hard time finding those new Edge Double Wheel Bags?  You know, the black and orange ones?  We have three of them!  Don't ask me how or why.  Let's just say that Edge has top-notch customer/dealer service.  They've set the bar higher than any other company can even attempt to vault over. 
Other notables: a couple of artisanl Lynskey titanium frames; a Sram XX cassette; and two Forever Bikes:


With my dogs, Ellie and Railay, as witnesses, I can safely say that I've already tinkered with, installed and/or assembled, and breathed on bikes and bike components worth more than what I owe the University of Vermont for grad school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment